20 Neil Gaiman Facts
- Neil Gaiman once wrote a Nebula-winning story using only the middle row of his keyboard.
- Harper Collins has taken out a 2.5 million dollar insurance policy on Neil Gaiman’s accent.
- If you write 1000 words and Neil Gaiman writes 1000 words, Neil Gaiman has written more than you. (vilket är sant även om det skulle gälla 100 ord.)
- Neil Gaiman does not use Microsoft’s grammar-check. Microsoft uses a Gaiman-check.
- Neil Gaiman once did the New York Times crossword puzzle in pen. In fifteen minutes. He won two Hugo awards for it.
- Neil Gaiman is who the Ghostbusters call.
- Most agents charge a 15% commission. Neil Gaiman’s agent pays him an extra 15% for the privilege of saying “I’m Neil Gaiman’s agent.”
- William Shakespeare once came back from the dead to ask for Neil Gaiman’s autograph.
- Neil Gaiman is the reason nobody teaches “I before E except after C” anymore.
- Some writers take inspiration from the muse. The muse takes inspiration from Neil Gaiman.
- Neil Gaiman once groped Harlan Ellison.
- The pen is mightier than the sword; Neil Gaiman has mastered fourteen different styles of penmanship.
- Rumor has it that a NY editor rejected Neil Gaiman’s first book. This can not be confirmed, as the editor in question was never heard from again.
- Neil Gaiman can tweet 175 characters.
- Neil Gaiman’s personal library includes an autographed copy of the Necronomicon.
- Hitler actually won World War II. Then Neil Gaiman wrote an alternate-history story in which the allies won, and reality was too intimidated to argue the point.
- Some authors write in omniscient point of view. Neil Gaiman lives it.
- Neil Gaiman’s next novel is expected to win the Nebula, the Hugo, and the Heisman Trophy.
- In any given week, 7 of the top 10 books on the NYT Bestseller List are by pseudonyms of Neil Gaiman.
- Neil Gaiman has never written a deus ex machina ending. However, God once wrote a Gaiman ex machina ending.
Och om ni har missat:
AFP berättar vad Neil Gaiman har för sig nu, nämligen film!
Den här omskakande nyheten dök upp tidigare i år.
Alla pratar om vampyrer, Neil Gaiman också.